The Vietnam National Museum of History will open the exhibition of " Vietnamese History and Culture "
On 9 AM, September 1, 2015 at 216 Tran Quang Khai street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi. This event aims to celebrate the 70th anniversary of August Revolution (19/8/1945-19/8/2015) and National Day, September 2 (1945-2015).
The exhibition will present 300 pictures, documents, copies and achieves... that introduce a panorama of Vietnamese history and culture from Pre-History, time of national building, struggling for independence to the August Revolution 1945 and socialism period. It also highlights the conservation and promotion of Vietnamese cultural heritages which contributed to the education for patriotism and protection of national sovereignty in the period of industrialization and modernization.
The exhibition has 6 parts:
1. Vietnam in the Pre-History time (500.000 - 4.000 years before present)
The remaining of Homo Erectus found in caves of Lang Son dating back 500.000 - 4.000 years before present demonstrated Vietnam was home of human in the Southeast Asia. In this period, the ancient Vietnamese had developed basic skills for agriculture and husbandry which made the conditions for building a kingdom and civilization.
2. Vietnam in the first time of national building (4.000-2.000 years before present): The exhibition will focus on the cultural genealogy in Vietnam including Dong Son culture (north), Sa Huynh culture (central) and Dong Nai (south).
3. Vietnam in the time of struggling for national independence (end of 2nd century BP to the middle of 10th century): The Viet culture had to go through but still conserved and developed in the time of struggle against China from Hai Ba Trung revolution in the 40th year AD and ended with Bach Dang victory of Ngo Quyen in 938. It featured with Champa culture in the Central and Oc Eo-Phu Nam in the South.
4. Vietnam in the 10th century-early 20th century:
After victory of Bach Dang, Vietnam was declared as Dai Co Viet. The country was independent and the culture was developed with many achievements. A lot of tangible and intangible heritages from the North to the South were developed in this time.
5. Vietnam in the era of independence, freedom and socialism:
The state of Vietnam Democratic Republic was declared in September 2, 1945 after the victory of August Revolution. It was a new era of independence and socialism.
6- Vietnam - Conservation and promotion of national cultural heritages:
Vietnam has developed a culture with many treasures and heritages. Many of them have been recognized as world's heritages. At present, in the globalization and international integration, the conservation and promotion of Vietnamese cultural heritages and values is an important task of the country.
The opening ceremony schedule:
- 8h30-9h00: Welcome guests, press
- 9h00: Opening ceremony
* Opening speech by leadership of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
* Cutting ribbon
* Exhibition guide
VIETNAM NATIONAL MUSEUM OF HISTORY
1 Tràng Tiền Tel: (84.4) 38253518 Fax: (84.4) 38252853
216 Trần Quang Khải Website: www.baotanglichsu.vn
Hà Nội - Việt Nam E-mail: email@example.com